Horse Health Lines: Summer 2007
Click here to view the Summer 2007 issue of Horse Health Lines, publication for the Equine Health Research Fund. Here are some highlights from this edition:
• ARCHITECTS OF HORSE HEALTH: A new research fund awards $410,000 to three WCVM research teams for multi-year projects addressing critical horse health issues.
• ON THE RESEARCH ROAD AGAIN: Eight research teams have received $122,000 from the Equine Health Research Fund — one of its largest allotments in 30 years.
• A HORSE-POWERED LIFE: A passion for horses has powered Dr. Fernando Marqués’ life since the Argentine-born veterinarian and equestrian was eight years old.
• FAILURE OF PASSIVE TRANSFER IN FOALS: A quick response can save a life when passive transfer of antibodies fails between a mare and its newborn foal.
• CAN eFSH BETTER THE ODDS OF EMBRYO TRANSFER? WCVM researchers explore the potential effects of equine follicle stimulating hormone (eFSH) on embryo transfer.
• HORSE HEALTH GIFT IS ONE FOR THE BOOKS: Cap Munro of North Vancouver, B.C., has come up with a unique plan for supporting horse health research at WCVM.