The Western College of Veterinary Medicine’s Veterinary Medical Centre is a regional hub for primary and specialized clinical services as well as for veterinary teaching and animal health research. The medical centre also serves as Western Canada’s premier referral centre with the latest in advanced diagnostic and treatment options for animal health care.
The WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre offers the following facilities and technologies to its equine patients:
- A closed large animal surgery area equipped with two surgical suites and padded induction/recovery areas
- A separate equine ward with stocks and isolation rooms
- Advanced diagnostic tools including digital radiography, computed tomography (CT), ultrasonography and nuclear scintigraphy — a key tool for diagnosing challenging lameness cases. Diagnostic testing is also accessible through Prairie Diagnostic Services — the provincial laboratory that’s located next door to the medical centre.
- A new equine performance centre that will open in 2012. The new centre will be equipped with a standing MRI, an equine treadmill and force plate technology, a paved runway and a longeing ring.
- Minimally invasive technologies, including overground endoscopy, gastroscopy and laparoscopy.
- Holter monitor for cardiac evaluation of equine patients.
For more information, please visit the WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre.