Enter our horse health care video contest!
Are you a Grade 7, 8 or 9 student who is interested in horses? Want to go to SCI-FI VetMed Camp at the Western College of Veterinary Medicine (WCVM) this summer?
The WCVM’s Equine Health Research Fund (EHRF) wants to know “How do you take care of your horse?”
Enter our competition for a chance to win one of two FREE spots at an equine-specific SCI-FI VetMed Camp from July 14-18, 2014. Entering is easy! Just follow these five steps:
- “Like” the EHRF and WCVM Today Facebook pages.
- Produce a short video (about three to four minutes in length). Introduce yourself, your horse and show us something that you do regularly to make sure your horse is happy and healthy. (Hint: Good horse health care protocols can be found in Canada’s new Equine Code of Practice. Visit http://www.nfacc.ca/codes-of-practice/equine for more details. If you don’t own a horse, you can still enter our contest! If you have family or friends who own horses, visit their acreage or farm and include one of their horses in your video. And if you simply can’t find a horse, use your imagination to demonstrate a horse health care tip in your video!
- Upload your video to the EHRF Facebook or WCVM Today Facebook page.
- Ask your parents or guardians to email, mail, or fax a signed consent form to Myrna MacDonald (email@example.com). Download a copy of the consent form. Please see below for a fax number and mailing address.
- Get your friends and family to vote for your video!
The two videos with the most “likes” on Facebook will win the prizes!
Contest deadline is Friday, June 13, 2014 at midnight. Winners will be announced June 18, 2014. Applicants must be entering Grades 7, 8 or 9 in one of Canada’s four western provinces (B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba) to participate in the contest.
The prize covers the cost of the horse-specific SCI-FI VetMed Camp fee (valued at $250). The camp takes place daily from July 14-18, 2014 (9 a.m.-4 p.m.) at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Sask. PLEASE NOTE: Transportation, accommodation and meals during the camp are not included in the prize and must be arranged by parents/guardians.
If a contest winner can not attend the SCI-FI VetMed Camp, we will announce a new winner as soon as possible.
- Send in your consent form by mail:
Attention: Myrna MacDonald, Room 3101, WCVM, University of Saskatchewan, 52 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, SK, S7N 5B4
- Email in your signed consent form: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax your signed consent form: 306-225-4479 (attention: Myrna MacDonald)
Email your questions to email@example.com.